Friday, August 19, 2011

From CCU to NRT


14 more sleeps before flying!

From volunteering @mother teresa's in Kolkata to relief work in japan, I've owed a whole lot to my fellow backpacker friends. Many of them have quit their job to travel. Some have climbed Mt Himalaya and traveled to Alaska visiting the bears and glaciers; Some have walked the entire pilgrimage camino of Santiago. My roommate Unni, a korean lady, has traveled for 5 years.
I think people who came to kolkata are summoned by this place, all of them are on a spiritual journey, in search of something bigger than life itself. I admire them wholeheartedly for one thing: they all have taken a step to begin the search. Too often we are held back by inertia, so many valid reasons for us to maintain our status quo -- clock of life continues to tick and horrible things continues to happen -- I will do it sometime in future, we said.

Then my backpacker friends told me, "There are things that if you don't do it now, most likely you will never do it." -- I think they are right.

I've wanted to go to Japan since the earthquake happened, but at that time I've bought the ticket to india already. Now in hind sight, the kolkata trip ought to happen, so I would be inspired to take the leap of faith over the forest of fear, to just go and do what my heart is called to do.

There are so much that we ought to do, and we can do. Thank you, my kolkata friends. You have shown me life can be lived like this.
Chiyo and Chris, I will see you two in japan!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment