Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year!



It was a chilly new year in Tokyo.  Wind was blowing hard, but it was warm inside my friend's common house. I have come back to Japan after my grandpa's funeral in Hong Kong, my friend Chiyo has kindly offered me a place to stay along with all her amazing housemates in Asakusa.  They truly made me feel like at home!   For the short few days I have stayed, Chiyo has managed to forgot that I was merely a guest and turned to me to ask for direction and things along that line around her area, only to find me blinking blank at her XD  On the new year's eve, Paul, our friend from volunteering at Mother Teresa's place in Kolkata popped by to visit.  We ate vegetable hot pot, steamed egg with shiki (me!), yakisoba (fried noodles) and drank together.  Topics ranged from education, music, faith, dating, dreams etc spurred over the food and beer with lots of laughter.  Then Chiyo and I retreated from the crowd, spent a quiet time of praying and singing as we crossed over from 2011 to 2012.
Thank you Chiyo, Kei, Kent, Yuko and Yoshi for making my new year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment